Terms and Conditions
• These General Terms and Conditions of Sale (hereinafter referred to as “GTCS”) are concluded between Macaronibook on the one hand and any individual or legal entity wishing to make a purchase on our website on the other.
• The parties agree that their relationship will be governed exclusively and without reservation by these GTC.
• The fact that the Customer validates an Order on the Site implies full and complete acceptance of these GTCs which the Customer explicitly acknowledges having read prior to the conclusion of an Order.
• In view of possible changes to the site, Macaronibook reserves the right to modify its GTC at any time by simply modifying it online, it being understood that such modifications will be inapplicable to Orders placed prior to the said modification.
• Our products offered for sale are those which appear on our site, with a description of their essential characteristics, at the time of consultation of the site by the purchaser and within the limits of available stocks. We make every reasonable effort to display the availability of our books in real time on the site, but cannot be held responsible if a product is no longer available to fulfil the order.
• In case of unavailability of one of the ordered products, the buyer will be informed, and will have the possibility, either to modify his order, or to cancel it, in which case he will be reimbursed for the amount of his order if he has already made the payment.
Prices and payment terms
• Our prices are indicated in euros, including VAT, excluding shipping costs.For items in stock, the price indicated is the selling price applicable to the Order.
• Macaronibook reserves the right to change prices at any time. Nevertheless, the Articles will be invoiced according to the rate in force at the time the Order is registered.
• Payment for purchases is made by credit card such as Visa or Mastercard and by bank cards such as “Maestro” or via Paypal.
• The products ordered remain the property of the seller until full payment of the purchase price and the costs indicated at the time of the order.
• Macaronibook currently offers online sales of its books throughout Europe and internationally.
• You do not need to create a customer account to place an order
• If you wish to place an order on our site, you must be at least 18 years of age and have full legal capacity or parental authorisation to place an Order on our site at the time the Order is placed. Any person who is incapacitated, in particular within the meaning of Articles 1123 et seq. of the French Civil Code, may not in any way make an Order via our site.
• When you register on our site, you will be asked to provide several pieces of information (surname, first name, e-mail address, date of birth, billing address, telephone number, VAT number and legal form in the case of a company). You choose your own password and your e-mail address is your login. If you lose your password, you can send an e-mail by clicking on “forgotten password”.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Order & Delivery
• The Customer who places the Order is recognised as being solely responsible for it and its payment, even if the Order is placed in favour of a third party.
• Any Order is only definitively confirmed and binding on Macaronibook once payment has been received. This will be confirmed by sending a confirmation e-mail to the Customer. This e-mail will contain the title of the Items ordered, the price, the method of payment and the shipping method requested.
• The Customer may check the status of his/her Order online at any time by logging into his/her customer account using his/her login and password.
• The price of transport depends on the delivery address and the weight of your order, which is calculated via our site.
• Macaronibook is an independent publishing house. Please take into account that we walk to the post office and that our books are hand-bound and therefore sometimes printed but not finished. We will do our utmost to ensure that your order is delivered to the delivery address in Belgium, Europe and internationally within thirty working days and in the rest of the world within fifty working days after validation of the order and receipt of payment.
• By hand delivery we will contact you by e-mail in order to make an appointment in the town of Saint-Gilles (Brussels).
• It is your responsibility to check the shipments upon arrival and to formulate any reservations and complaints that would appear justified, or even to refuse the package if it is likely to have been opened or if it bears obvious traces of deterioration. If there are any complaints following receipt of the order, it is mandatory to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting photos within 48 hours after receipt of the order.
Right of withdrawal and return procedure
• You have a period of fourteen calendar days, starting from the day after the day of delivery, to withdraw from your purchase, without penalty and without giving any reasons, in accordance with the Belgian economic law code. Within this period, you, the buyer, must notify us of your intention to make use of your right of withdrawal, by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com (notify your name and surname, give a detailed description of the article(s) concerned, with reference to the number and date of the invoice issued).
• If you want an exchange instead of a refund, you must specify this in the e-mail and we will also inform you of the availability of the item, the extra charge or the partial refund if applicable.
• All costs and risks associated with the return of the items are at your expense.
• In case the buyer uses his right of withdrawal and returns the products within fourteen (14) days following the communication of his decision to withdraw according to the terms agreed in the previous paragraphs, we undertake to reimburse you the purchase price upon receipt of the products.
• The products must be returned properly protected, in their original packaging, in perfect condition for resale. Otherwise, they cannot be returned or exchanged.
• In case of abusive returns, we reserve the right to refuse a subsequent order.
• The content of our site is the exclusive property of Macaronibook. The information, logos, photographs, graphic charts and texts are protected by copyright as well as by intellectual property rights and for the whole world. Any use in any form whatsoever must be subject to prior written authorisation from Macaronibook. Any infringement may result in civil and/or criminal proceedings. We authorise you to place on your own website a simple link referring directly to our site. Any hypertext link to the site using the framing or in-line or deep linking technique is prohibited. In any case, any link, even tacitly authorised, must be removed on request from Macaronibook.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
• The non-observance, whatever your location, of one of the clauses of the present General Terms and Conditions of Sale and, in general, any difficulty relating to its execution, interpretation or validity, are subject to Belgian law and to the sole jurisdiction of the courts of the judicial district of Brussels.
• We reserve the right to modify the General Terms and Conditions of Sale and we will communicate the new version to you on our website.